Translate

Thursday 8 March 2012

Around and around and around they go...

This afternoon was spent moving three metal arches around and around the garden. I couldn't decide where to put them. I would shove them into the ground. Leave them there for a while. Then move them somewhere else. This went on for about 2 hours.

I have two white climbing roses that I want to plant up the arches, and I wanted to create a kind of 'rose walk' with them.

I finally decided on the final position, and got them all in relatively straight. I then used some twisted willow bean poles to form horizontal supports to create a sort of arched tunnel. I think it looks great. It will look better once it has white roses growing up and tumbling down the sides.

I then dug the soil over and put some stepping stones down the middle. I was going to bark chip it. I then thought if I lay some stepping stones I can grow more plants around the stones. Bonus.

I didn't manage to get any photos taken today and will post some as soon as I can.

It was such a beautiful afternoon, and one highlight was watching a Bumblebee having a very good time on the Violas and Crocus.

For some reason I couldn't stop thinking about Beatrix Potter today...


We were thinking about doing a couple of camping trips this year, to either Cornwall or The Lake District. If we do get up North I would quite like to visit Hill Top.  

So in lieu of any actual garden photos, here are some whimsical Potter inspired ones instead.

Plus two links to the National Trust Hill Top page, and one for a Beatrix Potter exhibition at The V&A.

Enjoy.



http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/hilltop/

http://www.vam.ac.uk/content/articles/b/beatrix-potter-place-as-inspiration/







I would love to see a hedgehog in my garden.



I'm gonna love him and hug him and call him George...













No comments:

Post a Comment