Translate

Tuesday 14 May 2013

Taking it easy...

It has been a while since I sat down and wrote about the happenings in my garden.

This is mainly due to illness. I have been lucky enough to develop quite a few nasty sinus infections lately so have been cooped up feeling rather miserable.

Although one benefit of being in the house rather than the garden has been redecorating and rearranging our living space.

I painted our living room with some paint I got for free on Freegle. The colour is called Pavilion Blue, rather appropriate considering I live in Brighton.

I would call it a grey rather than blue to be honest. It is not a colour I would have chosen myself but I'm really pleased with it.

The Living room used to be a very dark green. The colour was lovely when the autumn sun would shine against the wall, and made the room feel snug and cosy in the winter.

Now it is brighter and feels more spacious.

I have been out in the garden most days, just not going at it tooth and nail.

I have been tending plants in the greenhouse which is always a lovely way to spend an hour even if you look, feel and sound like a creature from the sewers...

Hardening plants off, potting on and the odd bit of weeding has kept me busy without wearing me out.

I have been keeping a close eye on the peas I have sown throughout the garden and picking flowers for the house most days.

Here is a little bunch I picked a few days ago...




This little collection couldn't help but cheer me up with those bright happy colours.

I felt better this weekend so we escaped to our favourite National Trust garden for the day.

I absolutely love visiting Nymans, it will always hold a special place in my heart and I never tire of it.

I will sit down and try to organise my garden photos so I can write up about what I have been up to, in the meantime here are some photos from Nymans.

Mainly photos of plants, I hardly ever remember to take photos of the beautiful views across the garden as my head is always down admiring the plants it seems these days...














 
 
 
 
 










Goodnight x




4 comments:

  1. I love your little bouquet of cut flowers -- something I don't usually have until June. I hope you are feeling better. -Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jean, I am feeling much better now. Picking a little bunch of flowers from the garden is such a simple pleasure and I must do it more! Hope all is well with you.

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos. Nymans looks a beautiful garden to wander around. Sorry to hear you haven't been well; hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for the message Wendy. Nymans is such a beautiful garden and well worth a visit if you ever find yourself in that neck of the woods. Hope all well in your world.

      Delete