Translate

Thursday 11 April 2013

Nights in White Satin...

...is such a good song.

I love the smell and feel of freshly laundered bed linen, although I'm not sure I would like to sleep on satin sheets to be honest.

Perhaps I should buy a satin sheet to try out. I could always turn the sheet into a skirt if it is as cold and slippery as I imagine...

I think the song accompanies the opening credits to the Dark Shadows film beautifully...


I love her coat in this scene. It's a sort of cape/coat.


I also love this cape/coat in Moonrise Kingdom...



 I don't think cape/coat is the actual term, but that's what I call them.

I might try and fashion one myself from an old pattern, something like this...





I digress...

Since gaining some ground in one of the borders I have been contemplating creating a white planting scheme.

I'm not sure I have the discipline to stick with all white, but I think I might just give it a go and see what it looks like.

I had a good old rummage through my seed box the other day, and I have the following seeds...




                                    

                                     
 
 
Almost forgot, I have these seeds too courtesy of The OH. They have purple in them, but then so do the Foxgloves. The colours are already starting to creep in...
 
 
 
 
If this experiment goes well, I would like to add the following to the scheme too...
 
 

 
 
Other plants I also have in mind are Crocuses, Hellebore's and a white climbing Rose to climb up the Yukka Stump. I would love some white Comfrey too, but it seems quite hard to find through seed suppliers.
 
So that's the plan.
 
I wanted to write it down accompanied by some photos as I am easily distracted and its a possibility that I might throw in some bright orange Calendula's or Geum's without thinking...
 
Away to bed I go, sneaking a seed catalogue with me. Just for inspiration though, honestly. As The OH often grumbles, I really don't need anymore seeds, do I?
 
Goodnight.
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Can you include cream in this border? There is a lovely cream nasturtium (sorry no name) that I tried out the year before last, it was absolutely glorious, huge and continuous flowers and it just never gave up!! Must get down to the garden centre and see if I can find the same seeds again. Queen Anne's Lace I see you have on the list - I have it at the back of my border - I love it! And the guy who cuts my hedges and does the heavy work for me turned up last week with two hefty roots of "marguerites" - that's what the woman who wanted them out called them anyway! had a close look and I think they are shasta daisies, so as I have plenty of room, they are finding homes in my own yellow and white border. Oh, and someone brought me a Bill MacKenzie (yellow) clematis. That one, and another yellow clematis from the same group will form a lovely soft "hedge" to that border all summer. Can't wait, like you! Will be keeping an eye on you now so don't forget to take pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing how you get on with your white planting. As you say, it will be quite tempting to let other colours creep in; so many white flowers do have a pinky or other coloured "blush" to them.

    ReplyDelete