Translate

Tuesday 11 June 2013

Up Up and Away...

I have been working out in the front garden over the last few weeks, as it has become rather overgrown and neglected.

I spend so much time in the back garden I tend to forget about the front.

I realised it really needed some work after the postman complained that walking up the path was getting rather difficult as he would often get tangled in the clematis that grows against the wall - which is now so big it has decided to break for freedom and grow directly across the path...

As usual I have forgotten to take photos of what I have been up to.

I will make a point to get out and take some today hopefully, if the rain stops for long enough that is.

I'm not complaining - the rain is most welcome.

We have had a glorious couple of weeks of blue skies and sunshine.

I was watering the front garden on Sunday evening when I heard a very strange whooshing sound coming from across the hill.



I put down the watering can and suddenly saw this emerging from the trees...



I got stupidly excited about it for some reason, and rushed to take some photos on my phone...
 
 
 
I felt like a child who had spotted the funfair arrive in the local park as it made it's way up into the sky...



I excitedly pointed it out to my neighbour who didn't seem that fazed...



I sat and watched for about ten minutes with a huge grin as it caught the wind and headed across the hills...

I've no idea why there was a random hot air balloon taking off from what seemed like someone's back garden, but I was very happy that I happened to be in the front garden at the time to witness it.

I think I would quite like to take a ride in a hot air balloon one day...








2 comments:

  1. Look forward to seeing the photos of your garden after all your work. I find hot air balloons passing overhead quite eerie, but they are fascinating to watch. My animals can't stand them; they all freeze when a balloon passes over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, focus on the back garden and tend to ignore the front -- which is actually quite a mess and more than a bit of an embarrassment. One of the projects I am looking forward to, after I have an addition built on the front of the house next year, is designing and putting in a whole new front garden. If I could take photos of the images floating around in my head, they would be amazing! -Jean

    ReplyDelete