Translate

Friday 20 September 2013

Back to business...

I spent the best part of this week in and out of hospital. It seemed that my Haemoglobin level was so low that I needed an Iron transfusion. Then it turned out I didn't. So I was sent back home again, told to carry on 'taking it easy' as it was important not to push myself too much.

Now, as a gardener, at this time of year, that is really quite difficult.

I'm not sure about the garden but I have certainly suffered with not being able to get out and do simple things like cutting back all the dead growth that is driving me crazy. I don't mind leaving grasses and seed heads but the brownslushywhatplantwasthatanyway mess really annoys me.

I never thought I would miss weeding, but I do.

I started to sweep the patio a few days ago and got so out of breath and dizzy that I had to give up after five minutes.

I have been shouting out instructions (no, not that branch, yes, the one above, no,no,no, the one above that, yep - that one...) to The OH like a lunatic. The poor neighbours...

We have actually turned into quite a good team considering gardening was very much a solitary thing for me.

I still get frustrated at not being able to 'do any gardening' though, so I found myself in the attic trying to declutter some of the junk one afternoon instead.

Now, I like to think that our attic is an Aladdin's Cave of wonder and treasure. It's not really. Most of it is just junk that has been abandoned up there because we're not really sure what to do with it.

Like this little light fitting for example...

 

The chain thing that means you can actually hang it from the ceiling was lost ages ago so it has just sat up there collecting dust.

I also found this small white wooden curtain pole that had a big split at one end...



One of 'my amazing ideas' that The OH dreads had started to form...


I got some of this from the greenhouse...

 
 
 
I set to work and a few minutes later I found myself staring at this...







The OH just gave me one of his funny looks after I had unveiled my creation...




He walked off shaking his head while muttering something about hormones under his breath.

I'm not really sure what it is, or what it is for to be honest but I like it.

It gives what was a broken light fitting and a useless curtain pole a new life.

My garden - where junk gets a second chance...

Good Night x



 









No comments:

Post a Comment